The Early Ford V-8 Club of America
Catering for 1932-1954 Ford Side Valve V8 vehicles, including 4 cyl, 6 cyl and V12 variants.
In Australia there were a number of Ford V-8 enthusiasts with a strong contingent in South Australia. In the Spring of 1977 this group got together at a picnic at Bonython Park to discuss the possibility of forming an Early Ford V-8 Club in South Australia.
The first formal meeting was held and it was decided to approach the Early Ford V-8 Club of America to seek a Chapter in Australia.
A letter sent by the Committee resulted in South Australia being awarded a Chapter status and we became Chapter 94 of The Early Ford V-8 Club of America on the 9th October 1977.
By 1978 membership stood at 36 with bi-monthly meetings being held at the Flinders Lodge Hotel. Members did not have to own a Ford V-8 to join.
The Inaugural Dinner was held at the Waterfall Gully Restaurant on 28th October 1977 and guests included Mr Eddie Ford, Editor of Restored Cars Magazine.
A Visitors Book was established at that time and is still in use today.
Another noted guest at a subsequent meeting of the Club was the late Lewis Bandt, designer of the first Coupe Utility in the world.
The Charter arrived 8th February 1978.
Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month at 8 pm at The Ford T Clubrooms, Port Road, Croydon in the centre of Port Road.
Ownership of a Ford V8 is not necessary to become a member, but at least a keen interest in these vehicles is desirable.
Application for membership can be made by filling out the application form and sending it to the club.
Membership will be at the discretion of the club committee and if approved joining and subscription fees will then need to be paid.
CLICK HERE to download a copy of the application form.